Monday, November 9, 2009

It's about time to end this war

It's about time to end this war is an opinion piece in my classmate Ana's government blog, in her piece she urges President Obama not to send 40,000 additional troops over to Afghanistan to fight this so-called war. Stating that "about 36% of our tax money goes to this war while only 30% is used for human resources."

I think this is a good piece. I like the way she emphasizes how much of our money is put into this war and how more and more countries are pulling out of this war. She puts alot of stuff into perspective and tries to make us see that there's really no point in sending more troops. Although this is a good post I would've liked to know how many casualties throughout this whole war we have lost. But other than that it was a really informative piece and I enjoyed reading it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment